Monday, August 31, 2015

It's going to be a fine day

Soon, not quite yet

But it's a few degrees cooler these days.  The lows are around 23 C and the highs around 35...I hope this means that the worst of summer is over.  I was told that August would be the worst month, and it's almost gone!  Still, I'm desperately craving a day like two Thursdays ago, something that doesn't get much above 30.  I need a break.  

I "jogged" 3 times last week.  It didn't feel exactly like jogging, or running, but verbs defy me.  It's smoother than a shuffle, but with a longer stride, but with the footstrike of a considerably faster pace.  Gliding?  On the one hand, it's lumbering and uncomfortable, but it's also forced a beautiful economy of movement.  At any rate, my centre of balance has shifted so much and I've put on enough weight that it feels like I'm "running" for the very first time.  Even walking is alien.   The dog and I walked about three miles today and I felt newly-acquainted with gravity.

Whatever, only 10 weeks or maybe 13-14 to go...maybe only 8?  In general, the grand entrance/exit has a 4-week window, assuming that there is one projected due date.  I do have one semi-official date, and two others that have been proposed along the way, spanning 12 days or so. Whatever, kid, it's cool; it's not like I got my shit together either.  So we'll go with ten weeks for now because it's a nice round number and the most comfortable: 8 is TOO SOON while 14 is TOO MUCH MORE. 

No comments: