Thursday, July 31, 2014

Low mornings, low pep

I'm low on sleep...again...but the awesome morning weather has been permitting me to sleep in a bit!  Low of 18C! YEAH!  I should be doing much more with it, but at least I am appreciating it.

Yesterday, I didn't run, just walked the dogs (morning and night) and did chest/arm exercises.  Today, I walked the dogs again (fortunately, they walk nicely together now, so I save some time at least although we often go for over an hour), then ran 20 min tempo on the treadmill, then had leg day.  I've been cleaning up cleans, which in turn has helped me put more weight into the squats.   That's why I show up, isn't it? 

Still, I've been feeling sort of meh, uninspired, which is crazy because the wildlife as well as the weather has been pretty cool recently.   I found a new type of egg in the pond--I'm wondering if they're frog eggs because they're not in strings like the toad eggs.  I also saw a new type of lizard crawl into a hole in my porch (maybe I should be concerned about this?).  And there have been so many neat dragonflies.

Still, though...meh...and really fussy about music.  All of my faves have landed on deaf ears.  I've been adrift on some whacked out psyambient for the past three days, which has boosted productivity, but hasn't been filling the void.  Fortunately, this morning I remembered a single I liked and bought last year, youtubed the producer, and found some good honest boots&pants.   This fueled 1/3 of my tempo run!

No comments: