Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I'm just walking here!

With my present repulsive volume of perspiration, my first inclination was to address the weather--it's especially humid now--but valour has spared us!  There have been a few odd bumps and squeaks in the garage today, and I was envisioning a repulsive rodent or paranormal activity, or something...well, turns out that a toad somehow got in.  Ever since I built the amphibian Thunderdome/koi pond in the backyard (incidentally, long story but fyi, I've been forced to research epdm-effective waterproof glue, and the answer is urethane), there have been more toads around.  I don't know how one got into the garage, but maybe my activities are curious enough to transcend species. 

Anyway, I still have to recap all the runs I did back home, including two long T&T runs with Gaz, including a Cinderella rip-off Asian milk tea drink called Pungency (because there's already a milk tea called Regency somewhere out there?) and South Beach, but I got to get back to cramming for a final exam tomorrow...

So, anyhow, I walked the dogs this morning, felt horribly sticky and gross but eventually got through this barrier--I call it the sauna threshold.  Up to a certain point, I'm hot, sweaty, cranky, but then I accept this and my mind turns to detox and loosening up, and who doesn't enjoy a good sauna?  So I came back home and decided to amp it up, yeah!  20 min tempo on the treadmill, and then shoulder exercises, and then toad rescue!  And probably at least 1.5 L of water pounded.  A good morning so far, probably experienced procrastination more than anything else, and I really have to sit down and study, but I'm hearing more rustling in the garage...


No comments: