Sunday, October 14, 2012

new week, new state, new beach


Last Sunday, I didn't do the 8 mile loop as planned.  I watched the 2012 Chicago marathon and jogged on the treadmill for 2:15 then tacked on a 20 minute tempo run.   My neck was fine.

The Chicago marathon had an exciting close finish for both the men and the women--the women's finish was pretty much a photo finish.

We flew on Sunday (not on our feet, alas).

Monday-Tues, house-hunting days, and I think they will prove to be fruitful...meanwhile, we hit the beach after that.  A new beach for both of us, which was exciting.  The OBX offers a wide selection.

Wednesday, 20 minute beach run.  I have fallen very out of shape for barefoot beach running, but this beach was a suitable reintroduction: sand relatively firm and flat mid-low tide.

Thursday, 60 minute beach run with my husband.  My calves felt pretty torn up after the previous day's attempt, but they obligingly loosened up and yielded a really relaxing and easy run.  Maybe eating a bunch of local seafood helped speed recovery.  This was my first trip to the South since d

Friday and Saturday, travel days.

Sunday, today, back home on the hills, 4 miles with my husband and the dog.  It was relaxing for me (a relaxed tempo effort to be perfectly honest, I suppose: I'm breathing faster than on a true easy run but I forget that I'm breathing faster) but the air wasn't the best and my husband felt that his breathing was constrained.  The weather was otherwise wonderful, and we got most of our fall yardwork done afterward.



No comments: