Wednesday, October 5, 2011

distance and speed

Sunday was a cold drizzly day; I have been longing for that cool fall weather, but not the rain. Fortunately, Gaz showed up at my door at 8 am. I had no choice but to go. We had a wonderful run. I hadn't had enough, though: that afternoon, I grabbed the dog and went back out. We got drenched but otherwise had a great run. Total that day was just over 30 miles. It's hard to believe. It was actually reasonable. That's the longest I've ever run in a day. I really should have written about it earlier, while the feelings were still fresh...there was definitely something different about covering that much distance in a day. Extra endorphins?

I also had a really good run on Tuesday, almost eight miles. (Monday was four kind of stiff and definitely slow miles).

This morning was two easy miles. Tonight was speedwork. I felt sleepy all day for some reason and considered staying home, but I put on running clothes, dashed my dog's hopes by leaving him behind, and went to run club.

The workout was 1200-800-600, 2-3 repeats. I'm coming back after a hiatus, perfect reason to do just the two!

5:18/ 7:06/mile
3:30/ 7:02/mile
2:34/ 6:56/mile

5:26/ 7:17/mile
3:35/ 7:12/mile
2:32/ 6:47/mile

The first one, I was alone, but I caught up with two other women and we stuck together for the other repeats. I was really grateful to have company because I'm not quite sure I can feel a good pace on my own. We slowed down a bit but that was probably due to dusk. It was dark when we finished.

I have run nearly 50 miles this week already. (!!!)

No comments: