Wednesday, September 28, 2011

rejoining run club

I picked a nice humid day to return to run club! I was a bit nervous about doing this because I'd been away for so long, but I'm hoping that I can be a regular until we move (and I return to my run club of 2: me and the dog).

It was 2000M repeats:

8:59
8:59
9:32...the woman I was running with mentioned going slower, and I quite agreed, because it was gross! The first two felt ok but the air dampened morale, I guess. It was going to rain, there were thick clouds overhead, but nothing was breaking and the air was a soggy sponge. Going 30 seconds slower didn't seem to make things much easier anyway. UGH!!!!

Still, it was great to rejoin the group! Sadly, I'll have to miss Friday's workout, I think, because we're going to Oktoberfest, but being with the group pushed me more than my dog does, and it was great to catch up with people whom I haven't seen in a while. Small group, too, which made it feel a little cozy in a way.

And I didn't really know what my pace was at the time...well, I would have been happy with my final interval pace because that is roughly my tempo run pace these days (7:40/mile). 7:13/mile for the first two, now that I've looked it up, takes me by surprise. nice!

No comments: