Monday, June 23, 2008

Tapping into that mellow vibe

I heard from my habibi today and he made it to the sandbox safe and sound. Step two: making it through the sandbox safe and sound. Fingers crossed that things stay quiet :)

It was another drizzly day today, which I like. Means I don't have to water my garden or sweat like a stuck pig. I walked the dog in the morning, and he was a bit sluggish (he doesn't like the rain), and I felt sluggish too....but I still had a good evening jog.

The idea was (the day after my 3-hour run) to run gently, to allow things to loosen up. Actually, my best bet this summer seems to be to run as easily as possible, but to stretch the runs out a bit more here and there as I feel fit. I really don't need more stress in my life these days. I figure I'll do speedwork with the running club, and tack some tempo work onto the end of a run here or there, but otherwise, I want running to be a calming experience. I've been thinking a lot about what I wish to accomplish with running, and while I'm still weighing goal races and so forth, the main thing I crave is relaxation.

My quads felt a little sore tonight, but that went away after a while. I was hardly breathing, except over a few bridges and hills. Just loping along. It wasn't raining, but it was still overcast, but not enough to make it prematurely dark. It was pretty much ideal. I ran for about an hour and fifteen minutes.

No comments: