Sunday, January 3, 2016

Learning to run!

I've "run" a couple of times since my last post, but now it's for real! 

I'm using John Stanton's couch-to-5K program; he calls it something else like "conditioning program" but let's get real, it's a couch-to-?? thing in this case, and I rather enjoy the visual of my golden-winged launch from a smoldering molten heap of polyfill.

I also charged up the Garmin for perhaps the first time since Kansas.  On the one hand, I want to go by feel; on the other, I need the crutch of structure and numbers now.  

Turns out ~9:30/mile feels darn fast now, but I'm still 20-30 lbs overweight and really out of shape.  It's not my plan to lose the weight quickly (I'm a human dairy with one really ravenous customer), but I long to regain fitness.

Therefore, couch-to-5K.  This week, it's 7 X 1 min run, 1 min recovery.  I guess I'll do this every second day.

No comments: