Saturday, October 11, 2014

!!!

More of the same, short on sleep, short on time, short on energy (but still walking and running the dogs) but it's been ok.  Until today.

It started with an interesting trip to the dump with dog #1: I was ditching some junk and so I had to go further within the dump, past a large heap of scrap metal (where I got rid of some wire fencing) and up onto a wide open large hill (possibly landfill) alongside a backhoe pushing about a pile of scrap timber and so forth (where I got rid of a couple of pallets).  It was really cool.  I have to the dump every so often because I don't have garbage pickup, but this was the first time I'd gone deep, and it reminded me of being out West.  No trees, just grass and dirt.  It was a nice change, plus it gave me a greater appreciation for the car's 4 wheel drive and so forth: it was a bit of a technical climb up sand and gravel.  LOL

The guy working at the weigh house didn't charge me for the pallets, so I donated the money--according to a poster on the recycling dumpster, one of the employees has cancer.

Unfortunately, the dump couldn't take my old paint (I'll have to go to the annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection event later this year).  The previous house owner left behind umpteen cans of paint, and some of it isn't useful either for touch-ups or for primer, plus the spray cans were dried out.  So I thought.

On the way over, I quickly came to the conclusion that I had to open the car windows.  This stuff has been sitting in my garage for over a year, and I never smelled it there, but once I got it in the car--phew.  I think I'll leave it outside from now on!  Because, man, wow, I have not been doing my household any favours.  I can't believe I've been working out in that!

I cancelled my next errand because I didn't want to bake dog #1 any further, plus it was getting a bit warm.  But I set out for errand #3: walk dog #2 to the farmers' market, roughly 3 miles there, 3 miles back.

It was warmer when we started, but ok.  We got to town, hung out a bit, and I bought my stuff, including 3 pounds of ground pasture-raised lamb, which I'm totally pumped about because I love lamb but didn't think anybody local sold it (I'm fussy about how the animals are treated) PLUS mustard greens.  I love mustard greens.

On the way back, however, it was too warm.  I got a headache (the paint issue didn't help). Fortunately, I brought water for the dog, but I didn't think to check the weather; I didn't think we had any especially warm days left.  I felt horrible for bringing her.

Once I got home, I found out it was 31 C.

DAFUQ

It's OCTOBER.

Whatever, I can't start this now.  At least tomorrow will be much cooler.  Summer is limping away.   Plus, the early starts at work are over, at least for the time being, so I will feel more myself and, consequently, make this blog more about RUNNING.

No comments: