Tuesday, December 15, 2009

sooo

I haven't run much since Wednesday. LOL
We went south this past weekend. The nice thing about snow is that it's relatively aloof in some ways, compared to rain. Snow gets on you, maybe melts a bit, and then is easily brushed off. Rain soaks through to your bones, especially that dank obstinate rain hovering around the freezing mark.

There was a fair bit of cold rain this weekend.

Admittedly, I didn't run because I spent too many pretzel hours in the car, but the rain was an added deterrent.

Once again, I find myself pondering the possibility of this winter marathon in Feb. I've done several 2-3hr runs already; all I need is some 3+ hr runs and I could probably complete it. But I feel like I really need to be running more than 2X a week, but it feels uncomfortable and useless. And my dog is not keen on running in this weather. He ran with me a lot during winter last year, but this year he fades more quickly. I still walk with him, and that what my runs have turned into. Maybe after my killer exam in a few days, I'll feel more agreeable to running.

Meanwhile, I'm still doing core work. It actually isn't so bad recovery-wise. I'm trying to continue yoga, too, but just yin and gentle. Stuff that works muscle without too much damage. Too much damage: pain keeps me awake and I get night sweats. One night, I actually had night sweats while I was awake (I couldn't sleep because of soreness). It was the weirdest feeling; it felt like there was a good jolt of adrenaline.

No comments: