Sunday, December 6, 2009

a good start to a rough week

Well, turns out that I had indeed pushed myself too far. I went to the clinic on Tuesday and was prescribed antibiotics. So, I got more inflamed, more sleepless at night, etc, etc...I tried running on Friday but after ten minutes, it seemed pointless to continue to be miserable.

Saturday afternoon/eating was mostly dedicated to eating: cheeses and crackers and duck rillettes, fig and goat cheese appetizers, capon, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, bread pudding, chocolate cake, ice cream, plus candy at the movie theatre and a bag of chips in the evening. I'd lost some weight plus my appetite, but fortunately both returned. Actually, I'm still heavier than normal these days, but there are right ways and wrong ways to lose (and gain) weight, and my critical eye drifts towards cellulite rather than numbers when it comes down to aesthetics. I've been heavier and more toned before--I'd prefer that!

At any rate, after downing 30000000 calories, I felt like less of a wimp this morning. Jogged for 2 hrs stiffly but comfortably enough. Just 11.2ish miles, but that's about normal these days and part of it was on trail.

So, once again, I'm feeling optimistic.

No comments: