Sunday, June 7, 2020

time to commit?

Once again, the weather cooperated for my long run! Yeah, it was about 31 C by the time I finished, but it was shady/overcast for the first two hours, and then it was sometimes cloudy, with a slight breeze here and there. Can't beat that during summer! I also ran the sprinkler during hour three.

Total: 16 miles solid jogging, no walking.

I'm so happy with that because it was supposed to be just sunny, which means almost full sun by 9 or so. Also, to minimize sun exposure, I'd planned to start running at 6:30 am, but because I stayed up until about 11:30 pm watching UHF last night, I barely made it out before 7 (6:57 hahaha). During the first hour or so, I wasn't sure how long this run would be. However, I was feeling good and my husband was home to help our son, and make coffee for me...it was my day.

So, what are my goals? I'm still not sure how long many more weeks we'll be down here, and thus what my longest run will be before I move back to where running conditions won't be as suitable for really slow but reeeeaaally relaxed jogging. Can I commit to a marathon distance? Or beyond? I think I can pull off a 20 miler at least, at any rate.

Meanwhile, 16 miles is my longest run since having my son in 2015!!! what?!! Yeah, I got back up to 14-ish miles by about 14 months postpartum, at which point I got pneumonia (!!!) and it's been one struggle and/or illness since then, until March when I started social distancing (I think I've been sick only one week since then). So I'm hoping to push the miles until I have to go back.

I'm also trying to get back into posting music tracks; I'm listening to ah/fm right now, and I've also been enjoying Delta Notch, but I'm not dealing with "Track ID??" these days :( Oh, well, something has got to give.

Admittedly, I've been listening to podcasts and not music while running: Office LadiesFake Doctors--two of my favorite shows discussed by some of their main cast, with various guests! It would be amazing if Peri Gilpin and Jane Leeves did a similar podcast about Frasier btw.

Also, it's Trump and his administration/supporters, and not Obama, who is/are "the Great Divider." I could write loads about what is happening in this country right now, but I'm going to try to incorporate something, anything, as much as possible, off this list in Real Life because this seems to be a good resource for us white people who want to help make things safer for people of colour. I've lived in various parts of "Trump country" even pre-Trump, if that makes sense, because that's where military bases tend to be--and I've had a few awkward convos, but that's it. I could be doing more.

No comments: