Monday, September 10, 2018

I ran again (a couple or so more times)

I've lost count.

Thanks to Gordon (and possibly other tropical storms), the temps have been amazing.  Today's high: 25 C.  What?!!!

This summer, the nighttime lows were higher than that.  Add in the humidex (which I've been ignoring but definitely wilting from) and I'd pretty much forgotten what anything below 30 felt like.

I had class this morning at 8 and my kid was dragging, so I couldn't run until this afternoon, but it was still fine. It was 23 and overcast, and not 36 or  38 or whatever horrific number.  Plus I wanted it to be an easy run because my legs are still a bit sore from a recent 9/11 memorial stair climb (110 stories), and I want to save some juice for tomorrow. Knock wood, the weather is going to be like today, and I won't have an early class, so I can grab the dog and go.  Maybe we'll even make it down to the river.

I feel bad for all of those affected by the strong weather systems, and I feel bad for those who enjoy sunshine...but I haven't seen that infernal ball all week and I'm pumped! Sorry, dude, it's not personal.
Gosh, I actually feel human again.

No comments: