Monday, January 2, 2017

~

Beautiful summer weather right now, highs in the mid-20s C.  Too bad we're in the northern hemisphere.

Anyway, I'm trying to hit 30+ miles/week for the time being.  Last week was 29.1.  Not bad!
I'm also deciding how to track this.  I have Strava, but I mildly dislike it, but I don't have time to do my traditional excel sheets...or maybe I do.  I love the excel sheets because, even though I keep forgetting the sum function for weekly mileage, I put pretty colours all over it PLUS I can plot future training/runs.  I did this for about 8 years and, heck, I need all the help I can get these days so I will try to go old school.

And I will try to write more, like once a week.  

Meanwhile, 3.75 miles this morning with the dog.  The most noteworthy run recently was 10.1 miles on Friday--yay, 2 digits, and in 2016!--in Fort Worth, which is considerably hillier than expected. We also ran by a scrap metal/recycling/junkyard, and apparently the complex bouquet of various burning toxins smelled like Iraq (minus the high note of poo).  There was also a fair chunk of construction on the route, and one part smelled like South Korea (minus the high note of red pepper paste).   I should also mention that Fort Worth kind of sort of looked like Calgary.  And there was another part that kind of almost looked like parts of OTTAWA, mainly Preston Street, same general scale and size/type/situation of buildings on and just off it, same sort of businesses, though not so much little Italy.  It was heartwarming though.  I miss home a LOT. So lots of reminiscing. There was also a bit of off-roading.  Again, more memories, of other off-road runs~

It wasn't the easiest run, but it was reasonably epic.

No comments: